Friday, July 27, 2012

Veggies and Beans

Veggies and Beans

I've been doing really well eating healthy lately... my diet consists mostly of fruits, veggies, nuts, and beans, and in the past three weeks, I've lost about 8 pounds. I'm feeling great and I think I'm starting to look better too ;) 


Here's one of my *favorite* meals I just made up / discovered about a week ago. It is so yummy I seriously eat it 5 nights a week. It's the absolute best way I've found to eat a ton of veggies while still getting my protein in a plant based diet. 


Keep in mind all of the ingredients below are approximations. Feel free to add anything, maybe even some cheese on top. Enjoy!



  • 1 handful of fresh string beans
  • 1 cup broccoli florets
  • 1.5 cups frozen peas and carrots
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup celery
  • 3 mini sweet peppers
  • 1.5 cups fresh spinach
  • 1/3 packet taco seasoning
  • Olive oil
  • 1/3 can black beans
  • 1/3 can chili pinto beans
  • 1/3 can garbanzo beans

Chop all veggies into bite size pieces and add all veggies except tomatoes and spinach. Stir in approximately 2 tablespoons olive oil and allow to heat. Before the veggies begin frying, add water to the pan to steam fry the veggies. 
Add in tomatoes and beans with their liquid. Stir in 1/3 packet of taco seasoning and allow to heat. Stir in spinach and allow to wilt.
Serve immediately.







This meal may not look the most appetizing but it is delicious and super-healthy! Low fat, high in minerals and protein. Yum!






Photobucket

No comments: