Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti Dinner... YUM!

So apparently on my diet, I wasn't supposed to eat Spaghetti Squash until the next 17 day cycle, but you know what?! I DON'T CARE!! This stuff was delicious, and at only 42 calories a cup (of which, I think I ate about 1.5 cups) there isn't much to feel guilty about.... not to mention, I'm still eating about 10 times better than I normally do.

Anyway, enough of my legitimizing my eating vegetables... Here's the recipe I think you HAVE to try!

Here's what you'll need...

First, I'll direct you to the Marinara Sauce recipe. Keep in mind you won't need the pasta or vodka sauce recipe that is included on that page.

Second, one spaghetti squash.

Third, veggies of your choice (I chose carrots and broccoli)

And, optional, ground turkey, browned.



  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • Cut spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise and scoop out all seeds. It will look kind of like a pumpkin on the inside, scoop all this out.
  • Place the cut squash inside down into a baking dish and put about 1.5 inches of water into the dish.
  • Bake in oven for approximately 45 minutes, or until vegetable is extremely soft.
  • When it is finished cooking, scrape out the insides with a fork. It will come apart very easily in strands like angel hair pasta!

  • As you're cooking the marinara sauce, add in browned turkey and chopped vegetables.
  • Boil and simmer until vegetables are cooked.

Top 'spaghetti' with as much sauce as you'd like, add a dash of parmesan cheese and... ENJOY!

P.S. I'm fairly certain God created this amazing vegetable just for people like me who LOVE pasta but don't need the unhealthy consequences of eating it all the time! =)



Photobucket

No comments: