Saturday, May 2, 2009

Plans

So we are currently unsure what to do with the future. For a while, we were thinking about moving to SLO in July... but then, we thought about the housing market and thought, "hey, we should buy a house while we can. Maybe we should save up and do that in October."

We were out taking a walk a few days ago, and Paul said something that made me laugh (and no offense to any of you who went to our local county college), "I think we should move. I mean, saying 'I got my sports medicine degree at Stan State' doesn't sound quite so good as, 'I got my sports med degree at Cal Poly.'"

So now we're thinking we might just do our best to save up money until we move in December. Also, supposedly it would be a lot harder to get federal funding for school if we owned a house...

We're just caught in what we should do because it seems like the housing market will never be better (for those of us who DON'T own houses) but, on the other hand, if we stay here and buy a house, what if we can't ever leave to go to a college with a good sports med program (I can get my English/Poli Sci degree anywhere, even online.) I mean, we considered the idea of buying a house then renting it out, but I've heard horror stories about doing that.

SO. I would like comments/opinions ... I mean, we have time, either way. We probably wouldn't make either decision until October/Decemberish. If we buy a house, it will be nearer to October; if we move, it will be in December.

If only we could buy a house in the SLO area....

2 comments:

Stephen & Robyn Anderson said...

Well there is alot of talk about how people should buy houses now. I would LOVE to buy a house now, but we want Stephen to finish school. In my personal opinion I would just move to SLO and go to college. There will always be houses to buy or rent. I mean yes there is a risk that the economy will go back to normal but at least you have a degree of some sort and hopefully a better job to where you cn afford to do such a thing as buy a house. Don't rush things, take them slow. A house will put alot of stress upon you. You don't have to listen to me of course. It's your decision. Just pray I guess and talk alot these next few months. Think of pros and cons, Investigate housing stuff, Investigate school stuff. Just take your time =) I hope all that came out the way it was suppose to....

not2brightGRAM said...

"Don't rush things, take them slow. A house will put alot of stress upon you."

Very true.