Saturday, November 8, 2008

So Much For That Little Lie Called Tolerance and Peace.

Warning: I make no apologies for what is written here. Everyone that has known me at any point in my life has known that I am not one to sit quietly when I feel as though the things I believe in strongly are being torn away from me. As I sit on the edge of this dam, watching the floodwaters build and make ready to spill over, I can't help but cry out to those I know to be at attention for upcoming, inevitable things. Also excuse me if I sound at all like the (un)popular radio voice, Michael Savage. You can blame my stepdad for that:)
As I point things out, however, I would like two things to be known.
1) I am sharing articles of fact. When I make my own statement, you are welcome to argue with me about what I say, but please don't argue with any article I post, as that is irrelevant and pointless, since the event has already occurred.
2) These are my political viewpoints I am sharing. Though it may look like I am stereotyping with statements here and there, I do not mean that every person in a particular group is that way, nor do I mean that everyone from my political camp is the opposite or exempt from the evil I will be attempting to describe.

You've been warned. Read no farther if you can't handle possibly being offended, or being disagreed with.

Oh, P.S... excuse me for any sarcasm you may encounter.

P.P.S. If you want to protect your own reputation, as I am obviously not doing in the eyes of many Americans, feel free to post anonymously.




I was surprised this morning, while driving to my mom's house, to see a swell of protesters still standing on street corners with "NO on 8, Unfair. Wrong." and "Equality for All, Vote No on 8." signs waving, and people looking angry. Honestly, as much as I encouraged everyone to vote yes on 8 last weekend and didn't want to see No on 8 signs out before the election, this simply is ridiculous. The election is over, and standing out on corners now will not change the vote that put an amendment into the state constitution on Tuesday. I understand being upset, and I understand that they want their voice to be heard. That is completely acceptable, however...

Whether you are Mormon or not, this should shock you the amount of persecution the Mormon church has been receiving. I'll start off with the No on 8 video ad that was launched last weekend in an attempt to grab the final last undecided voters.



Also, these past two days, keep in mind the election was several days ago now, protesters have marched the streets of Salt Lake City and Los Angeles, and have been spray-painting Mormon chapels, and protesting in front of Mormon Temples in both LA and in Salt Lake City (and undoubtedly in more cities to come). Please read this article or this one to read it for yourself. The short of it, in my words, are that 2000 protesters were outside of the temple yesterday, screaming angry words telling Mormons to go to hell, and that they would be out there camping until they get their right to be married. The temple was closed temporarily, and the demonstration was not disbanded. A quote from an article on situation says,
One LDS member in the area said, "I don't quite understand our police
response (even though I'm one of the police). If this was happening at a
Jewish synagogue or a Catholic church, we would be arresting people for hate
crimes. As it is at the moment, protestors are sitting on the walls of the
temple and the police are on the grounds inside. Church members in our area
were called last night to come down to the stake center and spend the night
protecting the building from vandalism -- it's like 150 years ago."


I'll just comment for a moment on a few things.
1) Mormons were obviously the only people that wanted prop 8 to pass, which is why even though California is NOT dominated by Mormons, it passed by 5 percent (or thereabout.) Directing anti-church videos is the correct and proper, civil way of making your voice heard.
2) Screaming and protesting in front of a Mormon temple is going to change the amendment.
3) No, I won't even comment on "rights" again.
4) Religious persecution is perfectly acceptable if you are angrily protesting your own rights.


This is a quote from someone's blog.
A Worldnetdaily.com article noted that homosexual blogs have been boiling with threats toward Christians. Burn their [blank] churches to the ground, and then tax the charred timbers," wrote "World O Jeff" on a blog. On another website
"Tread" wrote, "I hope the No on 8 people have a long list and long knives."
On another website, a contributor wrote, "Can someone in CA please go burn
down the Mormon temples there, PLEASE. I mean seriously. DO IT."

On another website "scottinsf" wrote, "Trust me. I've got a big list of
names of mormons and catholics that were big supporters of Prop 8. ... As
far as mormons and catholics ... I warn them to watch their backs."

Another blog entry: "If you're planning a heterosexual wedding in
California ... be prepared for picketers. Designate someone to watch the
parking lot ... You're going to have lots of unexpected expenses. Add $500
to your budget for security. ... Be prepared for the flowers not lasting to
the reception or the tuxedos showing up two sizes too small or the music at
the reception being a way too loud or the cake tasting a little funny,"
stated another threat. "Be afraid. Be very afraid. We are everywhere."

Thus it continues on and on and Matt Barber, director of cultural affairs
for Liberty Counsel called the statements "hate crimes" for their intent to
create violence against someone based on their beliefs and called on the
Human Rights Campaign, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force and "other
leaders within the homosexual lobby" to call for an end to such threats.

Thus, the true colors of some of those who push this agenda are in clear
display. It is a kind of domestic terrorism designed to silence and quell
anyone who oppose this agenda as it marches through our nation.

On the same day, this happened, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day
Saints, issued a statement calling for mutual civility. "No one on any side
of the question should be vilified, intimidated or harassed." It is a call
to turn the other cheek.

Quoted from This Original Article


I really could go on about the No on 8 situation, and the persecution that has once again begun not only for the Mormon church, I'd like to point out, but for all churches who take a stand to defend what is in Scripture. I said I wasn't going to talk about rights again, but I have to point out again that in California gay couples have what is called "civil union" which includes all the same rights as marriage, just not the title. Why, if they are so against religion, do they need a religious-based title?


Coming soon: The ObamaNation and Other Things to Be Worried About

6 comments:

A Concerned Christian said...

"When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.
*


When they came for the Mormons,
I remained silent;
I was not a Mormon.

When they came for the Catholics,
I remained silent;
I was not a Catholic.

When they come for me,
will there be anyone left?


* "First they came…" is a poem attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group.

Rebecca said...

Not having lived in CA for the last 18 months, I find it shocking that the state could decline so quickly and so markedly. Thank you for being willing to speak out and bring these things to light. Unfortunately, the mainstream media isn't doing it.

I can't even begin to say how concerned I am. Heated political discussion is fine, but no one (on either side) should have to deal with threats and violence.

This and That said...

Thanks for keeping us informed. I will certainly be praying that God restrain the people who are out to do evil.

grandma said...

We all need to be praying for our nation...how the world has changed and not for the best...

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should consult the golden plates. Oh, if only our Glorious Leader had left us with instructions on how to deal with those the mainstream considers sexual miscreants. I mean, balls touching... eew. And when cooters collide, Lord have mercy. We all know the only bonds the Good Lord has allowed are between a man and his wives.

moot said...

Psst... separation of church and state. Just because a bunch of wigged out cultists can't accept reality doesn't mean we should be shackled to their archaic view of society. Besides, you're a woman, and by your own religion's standards, you are to remain silent. So your husband best learn to silence you before you say something and shame yourself and your master.